Tuesday 7 January 2014

So I've managed to live a whole year without posting on this blog! I'm not sure whether that counts as an achievement or failure but I'm going to take it as the former for now in celebration of the fact that real life has intervened and that I've got more going on than daily Worcester Park life to think about. Either that or I've spent the last twelve months surfing the internet for pictures of cats. You decide.

Anyway the latest iteration of the Worcester Park Blog has got everything covered from the Worcester Park point of view and he certainly has more time on his hands to do it so rather than spend the last twelve months posting "what he said" I thought I'd just leave the internet to look after itself apart from the occasional tweet about gritting in Sutton but given the weather of late there's been no need for that.

So internet. How have you been?

I've been fine thanks and I'm feeling suitably challenged by a book that someone recommended to me on writing so I thought I'd get back in the swing of it again, writing for fun I mean rather than because I have to. It also led me to the curious image top left, which I like quite a lot and I'd like to think applies to me in some sense..

Delusions of grandeur aside the bills need paying though and while I might rather have been at home over New Year it was nice to be able to commute into London without any fuss or furore other than SW Trains cancelling my beloved 6.27 so I had to get the 6.12 for a couple of days but the palpable sense elation at getting a choice of seats on the early train was its own reward and was nearly as intoxicating as some of the Christmas brews I was offered. Not that I drink any more but that's a story for another day...

No comments: