Wednesday 28 November 2007

For those still wondering whether Bikehut's failed plans for the old M&S were actually serious I can point you in the direction of Sutton's planning web site which divulged the following back in June:
Application A2007/57860/ADV
Area/Ward:A02NONSUCH
Location:177 Central Road Worcester Park KT4 8DR
Proposal:Display of illuminated fascia signs and an illuminated pole mounted forecourt sign.
Applicant:Halford Ltd.

They did mean it. Shame nothing ever came of it.

On a personal note I'd like to thank the person who parked the mini with the "chequered flag" roof in Brinkley Road last night which I spotted on the way up to Costcutter. Much of my early childhood was spent in the passenger seat of my mother's British Racing Green mini, which also sported a chequered roof, and one of my great delights was being able to press the big rubber button by the handbrake to start the engine. [sigh]

No comments: